Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem EWS64XL: No sound from Analog Outputs

  1. #1
    Inactive Member EKAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I have installed an EWS64XL card on my PIII running WinME. Strangely, I don't hear any sound coming from analog OUT1 or OUT2, althought digital OUT1 works fine. I tried reconfiguration, uninstall and install again, UNMUTE, different mixer settings. Everything. Winamp seems to play mp3s fine. I can hear them from my Digital out ports but not from OUT1 or OUT2

    Everything was fine. This situation appeared strangely one day. I had the card with no problems 3 years now. What is wrong?

    The card seems fine, with no hardware problems.

    Is there a solution to this? On the Control panel I see Waveport1 to 6. No wave mapper. Is it a card problem or a WinME incompatibility?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Arnoud de Jong's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Hi,
    Maybe it's because of that complicated Control Panel. You easily overlook something. For instance: did you leave that little switch on Digital Input? Sounds stupid, this suggestion, but I stopped counting the times that I myself overlooked those simple things smile
    Also: try the FX settings, as they are closely related to the Control Panel.
    To my knowledge (but I didn't try it myself) the EWS should work with Windows ME.
    Check the Device Manager in Windows if there are no errors and if the Codec has an interrupt (you didn't disable it, did you?). Maybe if you DID and performed an ME upgrade instead of a clean install, that also could be a cause (just speculating here though).
    Good luck,
    Arnoud.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •